It’s happened to all of us. We write, we share, we help, and then we get that email or comment that makes us want to quit.
Anyone who has been blogging for more than a few months knows that eventually the hate mail will arrive. Whether it is a personal attack, spam, or just people trolling and stirring up trouble the negative feedback hurts.
The problem is, many of us are ruled by the 1%. Even though 99% of the feedback we receive is positive, we are constantly trying to please and placate that 1%.
Don’t let the 1% dictate who you are on the internet.
Don’t let the 1% keep you from helping the other 99%.
Don’t let that 1% get under your skin and change your voice.
Be authentic and don’t be ruled by the 1%.
John Acuff has great advice on dealing with haters on his site, click over to read.