Are you regularly backing up your WordPress database? I never used to until I learned how valuable a backup can be. If your site is hacked, or your server fails, and you don’t have a backup, all your hard work is gone. If you do have a backup though, you can restore your site in just a few clicks.
Regularly backing up your database is easy, thanks to a WordPress plugin called WP-DBManager. Here’s how you can set up automatic backups of your database, and the backup will even be emailed to you!
How To Automatically Back Up Your WordPress Database
- Login to your WordPress dashboard. Under Plugins, select Add New and search for WP-DBManager.
- Install the plugin. You should notice a new section labeled Database in the dashboard.
- Expand the Database section and click on DB Options.
- Scroll down to the Automatic Scheduling section. You’ll select how often your database is backed up here.
- If you update your blog multiple times per day, choose to backup once per day. Make sure to enter your email address to receive the backups!
- Save your changes, and you’ll get a copy of your backup in your inbox daily!
Have you been backing up your database?